Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Research

When this assignment was first assigned, I was very confused. But, eventually I understood what was being asked for us to do. Although I finally understood what we had to do, it became very difficult to find research about food and magic. So instead I research things like the history of magic, power of food, etc… But the research I came across was not relevant to my topic.

After speaking with a classmate, she mentioned witchcraft. This idea helped me a lot. I based my paper around this concept. It went well with the books Like Water for Chocolate, The Book of J, and especially The Odyssey since Circe is a witch.

I also used a book that was a collection of essays from The Odyssey. I didn’t end up quoting it in my essays, but it was very helpful in helping me understand the book better. Which helped me better explain the scenes I used in my essay.

Doing the research wasn’t the hardest part; it was incorporating the research into the essay. Which became just as frustrating, as when I was looking for the research.Researching is just hard period! It gets the most frustrating coming across unreliable sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment